Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm a genius

Recall the rotisserie chicken from Costco. After buying it, I carved it up and stored the meat away safely, then used the carcass to make stock (with half an onion, half a leek, three garlic cloves, two small carrots, three bay leaves, some juniper berries, some mustard seeds, and 6 pints of water). And then, this is the genius part, I froze the stock in pre-measured 1 cup portions. I bought some of those disposable storage containers in "snack" size (9.5 ounces) to do this in. I don't know why it's taken me so long to do this, it makes so much sense. Now the stock will keep forever, and I don't even have to measure it when I want to use it.

As you can see, I'm pretty pleased with myself. I guess that this is the sort of thing that other people have figured out years ago, but, well, it's news to me.

No comments: