Thursday, March 10, 2011

All primal, all day

I am eating lots of fruit, almost certainly enough to tip me into dubious levels of total carbs, but again, BABY STEPS -- avoiding processed food, grains, and sugar. I had sushi last night for dinner, though (and it was awesome), so I'm not fully committed to this yet, really.

Here's what I ate today:
  • Breakfast: eggs with cream and butter, two kiwis
  • Mid-morning: apple, sunflower seeds
  • Lunch: beets (cooked), carrots (raw), ground grass-fed beef patty (seasoned with garlic, sage, and thyme and cooked like a gigantic meatball)
  • Afternoon: an orange, some coconut milk, and a "primal bite"
  • Dinner: Broccoli salad with bacon, pecans, and raisins (recipe out of the PB cookbook) with dressing made with freshly made baconnaise. Yes, that's mayonnaise made with bacon fat. Dear sweet Jesus, I know. I actually used half bacon fat and half walnut oil, and it was OMG INCREDIBLE.
  • Dessert: Frozen blueberries
Given what's been in the produce box, I'm trending really heavily to the higher carb vegetables and fruits. I see a definite need for more greens. Good thing I like them so much!

No comments: